If you already have a will, there are certain events that may trigger the need to service or update your estate plan.
- Marriage, divorce, or separation
- Arrival of a new child by birth or adoption
- Substantial changes in the value of your assets
- Loss of benefits or change in business
- Decline in health
- Purchase of a property
- Sudden need to take care of a family member or friend
- Death of a family member or spouse
- Move to a new state
- Tax law changes
- Desire to pick a new successor beneficiary, trustee, representative, guardian, or administrator.
The Florida Bar has created consumer pamphlets to provide information to the public. I highly recommend reviewing the pamphlets on wills, trusts, and estates. The pamphlet can be found by visiting www.floridabar.org and clicking on the consumer information tab under public information. To schedule an initial consultation, please contact me, a Florida Estate Planning Attorney.